Autoverzekering voor een bus.

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Go down

Autoverzekering voor een bus.

Bericht  AndysGoldBeetle op wo 27 jul 2011 - 17:44

Who do you insure your oldtimer bus with? I am struggling to find anyone! I asked for a quote fromm www.wiggersgroep.nl on friday and haven't had a reply! I phoned them on the thursday to ask if they would insure me with UK plates whilst I drive the bus from England to Holland and they said they would and it would me 100euro for 12months. So the next day I filled in the form and emailed it, called them yesterday and the guy I spoke to on friday was not available, sent them an email today and no reply! Wankers!

Anyway, I´ve been searching and phoning other companies and am getting no where! Crying or Very sad I need to get insurance before the end of friday as I fly to the UK friday evening!

Andy

AndysGoldBeetle

Aantal berichten : 94
Registratiedatum : 08-04-09
Leeftijd : 36

Profiel bekijken

Terug naar boven Go down

Re: Autoverzekering voor een bus.

Bericht  Bossie'sbeetle op wo 27 jul 2011 - 19:06

Andy i work for an insurance company and they also have car insurance. I could contact my colleagues in the car insurance department and see if i can be off any assistance. Can you give me details in PM. About the car and the special situation . Even your phone number. I''ll call them right away tommorrow morning and let you know ASAP

Bossie'sbeetle

Aantal berichten : 617
Registratiedatum : 01-03-10
Leeftijd : 45

Profiel bekijken http://www.richardbos.com

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  AndysGoldBeetle op wo 27 jul 2011 - 19:08

Bossie'sbeetle schreef:Andy i work for an insurance company and they also have car insurance. I could contact my colleagues in the car insurance department and see if i can be of any assistance. CAn you give me details in PM. About the car and the special situation . Even your phone number. Ill call them right away tommorrow morning and let you know ASAP

Cool I shall send you a PM. Very Happy

AndysGoldBeetle

Profiel bekijken

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  AndysGoldBeetle op do 28 jul 2011 - 15:53

Dank u wel voor jou hulp Bossies Beetle. Ik heb 2 dag verzekering van een UK company. It cost almost the same as one years Dutch insurance. Oh well atleast it is now covered, flying home tomorrow! Very Happy

AndysGoldBeetle

Profiel bekijken

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  Bossie'sbeetle op do 28 jul 2011 - 23:20

No problemo andy, for me its a small effort to check it for you . As mentioned i understood that insuring a foreign car at a dutch insurance company is almost not possible. Importing a car for instance from germany then you have the option of insuring it for a week with temporary plates. So probably the other insurance company was trying to real you in as a customer and willing to take the risk for 1 or two days.

As you mentioned yourself , a short term insurance is also an option in the UK. It's just very expensive for the periode you need the insurance.

Have a good flight and if you are back post the pictures of your new T3.

What are the plans, taking it apart and restaurate it or is it in rather good shape and you can go straight to the RDW?

Bossie'sbeetle

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  AndysGoldBeetle op do 28 jul 2011 - 23:34

The Dutch insurance company sent me a reply this afternoon, they said they would send a confirmation email today? Had nothing else from them.

The bus is in good condition, no rust and great interior, just an engine problem!!! got a 300 mile journey! Laughing The guy am buying it off said there is a knocking noise from the engine.... going to be an interesting journey, but hopefully it won't be! Very Happy So my plan is to see if it will pass the APK and get it regisitered. Not going to do anything else to it.

Andy

AndysGoldBeetle

Profiel bekijken

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  Bossie'sbeetle op do 28 jul 2011 - 23:44

hahaha i know that feeling. i bought my beetle 300 km from here . it passed APK 2 months earlier, but before that it had been disassembled for 7 years. So i also started out in fear , and as the km passed i got a little more secure.

Have a good trip and hopefully no problems on the journey to Asten.

Bossie'sbeetle

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  AndysGoldBeetle op vr 29 jul 2011 - 11:14

Thanks, I will be relieved to get to the ferry monday morning. I shall be "wild" camping sunday night.... down a country lane or somewhere! Very Happy Am not too worried about the knocking noise. My beetle also had a knocking noise from the engine for quite awhile without problems. I will turn the radio up so I can't hear the noise! Laughing I shall put pics up next week. Very Happy

AndysGoldBeetle

Profiel bekijken

Terug naar boven Go down

Bericht  Gesponsorde inhoud Vandaag om 19:02

Gesponsorde inhoud

Terug naar boven Go down

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven

- Soortgelijke onderwerpen